Are you curious when to service your air conditioner and wondering why air conditioners should be serviced? If so, you came to the right place. Generally speaking, the best time to service your air conditioner is in the spring. The majority of HVAC issues that we see could be easily prevented with maintenance.
There are a few reasons why spring is considered the best season to schedule an HVAC professional to service your air conditioner:
- Catch Potential Issues Before they Become Expensive Problems. It’s best to schedule maintenance services for air conditioners before you anticipate your air conditioner will be turned on to start cooling your home or business. By doing so, you could save yourself from a surprise repair during the extremely hot summer months.
- Ease of Scheduling. Scheduling air conditioning maintenance will be much easier during the spring months as spring is generally the slower time of the year for HVAC companies. It’s a slower month for most HVAC companies because many homeowners and businesses are not using their heaters or air conditioners much, and as a result, less repairs are required.
- Consider the Temperature. When it is approximately 75 degrees outside, it’s a great time to have your air conditioner maintenance services accomplished so that you can ensure your air conditioner is performing as well as it can before the hot summer months.
What You Can Expect During AC Maintenance Services
At Larry Cook Heating & Cooling, we customize an HVAC maintenance package for your particular HVAC system, based on how the HVAC system is being used, as well as your HVAC system’s size, condition, and age. How often should you get ac maintenance? There is no one-size fits all answer, but generally speaking, receiving HVAC maintenance four times a year is our best recommendation for a customer’s ac maintenance plans.
By investing in HVAC maintenance, you can expect a wide range of benefits, such as:
- Decreased HVAC System Breakdowns. Scheduling regular maintenance decreases the chances that your air conditioner will require emergency repair.
- Less Expense to Operate Air Conditioner. When an air conditioner is operating efficiently, it will use less energy. When less energy is being used, this means lower utility bills! In addition to saving money on utility bills, investing in HVAC maintenance also helps save on HVAC repair and replacement costs.
- Longer Air Conditioner Lifespan. The lifespan of most HVAC systems is between 10-15 years. By maintaining your HVAC system regularly you have a much better chance of reaching the recommended lifespan of your HVAC system (or even surpassing the lifespan!). Air conditioners are a big investment worth caring for.
- Improved Air Quality. A properly maintained air conditioner well help improve air quality. This is important because air within homes and businesses can be more polluted than large cities. At maintenance appointments, our technicians will replace dirty air filters, which will help with your indoor air quality. You can learn more about ways to improve your indoor air quality here.
- Peace of Mind. A maintenance service agreement will help keep your worries away as Larry Cook Heating & Cooling works to keep your system running in tip-top shape.
AC Maintenance Checklist
At any given HVAC maintenance appointment, you expect your Larry Cook Heating & Cooling technician to provide a deep inspection of your HVAC system and provide a great deal of maintenance services, such as:
- Air conditioner checkup and cleaning;
- Replacement of dirty filters;
- Inspect safeties;
- Lubricate moving parts;
- Inspect and adjust thermostat;
- And more!
Air Conditioner Maintenance Costs
Larry Cook Heating & Cooling offers a Gold and Silver Maintenance Package for our customers. We believe that ac maintenance costs should be affordable and provide great value. Our Gold Maintenance Package starts at $299.95 per year, per system, and Silver Maintenance Package starts at $219.95 per year, per system.
- Gold Maintenance Package. The Gold Maintenance Package is our most popular maintenance package, and our most highly recommended option for customers. The Gold Maintenance Package includes 4 appointments per year, so that you can have your HVAC system inspected and maintained in the winter, spring, summer, and fall. By investing in the Gold Maintenance Package, you will receive top priority call response, receive 20% off all HVAC parts, receive free 1” filters at maintenance appointments, and more!
- Silver Maintenance Package. Our Silver Maintenance Package includes 2 appointments per year, and our customers generally request the maintenance appointments be performed in the spring and fall. By investing in the Silver Maintenance Package, you will receive priority call response, receive 10% off all parts, free 1” filters at maintenance appointments, and more!
If you would like to learn more about the importance of scheduling HVAC preventative maintenance appointments, click here.
How to Schedule AC Maintenance
If you are looking for ac maintenance companies in Wichita, you are at the right place! Scheduling ac maintenance appointments is easy to do. You can book an appointment online, or call us at (316) 322-5668. Generally, Larry Cook Heating & Cooling is able to provide same-day or next day service. At the time of the appointment, you can expect an experienced HVAC technician to provide maintenance and inspection services for approximately 1-2 hours.